- Invited speaker, on “Mixed methods research in mHealth apps: Adoption factors and health literacy among seniors and youths,” 6th International Conference of Asian Health Literacy Association, Taichung, Taiwan (October27, 2018).
- Invited speaker, on “Multiscreen social television in Asia: Motivations, Usage and Engagement,” Dept. of Media and Communications, School of Communication, University of Technology Sydney, Australia (August 31, 2018).
- Invited speaker, on “Multiscreen social television in Asia: Motivations, Usage and Engagement,” Dept. of Media and Communications, School of Culture and Communication, University of Melbourne, Australia (August 23, 2018).
- Invited speaker, mentoring graduate students in communication research and career planning,” HDR Masterclass, Queensland University of Technology, Australia (August 01 2018).
- Invited speaker, on “New media transformation, civic engagement and social change in China,”Master of Contemporary China, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore(February 06 2018).
- Invited speaker, on “How to conduct new media research: Dual Screening user research in Asia,”Department of Social and Policy Sciences, Yuan Zu University(December 12 2017).
- Invited speaker (Communication Discipline, Ministry of Science and Technology Workshop科技部人社中心學術研習營), on “Mobile Communication Research,” Department of Communication, Chang Jung Christian University (December 8 2017).
- Invited speaker, on “Dual screening use and political participation in Asia,” Department of Media and Communication, Hong Kong City University (16 Jan 2017).
- Invited speaker, on “Big data and communication research in Asia,” at “Big Data in Asian Society Workshop,” School of Humanities and Social Science, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (28 Oct 2016).
- Invited speaker, on “Emerging interactive digital media study: Multiscreen social TV user analysis,” Shih Hsin University, Taiwan (20 June 2016).
- Invited speaker, on “User research on multiscreen social TV,” at College of Communication, National Chengchi University, Taiwan (16 May 2016).
- Invited speaker, on "Changing journalistic practices in China: Marketization & technological convergence influences," at Graduate School of Journalism, Nation Taiwan University, Taiwan (15 March 2016).
- Invited speaker, on "Comparing factors affecting consumers' perceived value of location-based mobile adverting in Singapore and Taiwan," at Fu Jen University, Taiwan (15 December 2015).
- Invited speaker, on “Practicing convergent journalism and utilizing multi-screen social TV in learning environments” at City University of Macau (29 April, 2015).
- Invited speaker, on "Predictors and impacts of mobile dependency & youth research" at Shih Hsin University, Taiwan (11 December, 2014).
- Keynote speaker, on "Singapore’s multi-screen TV services and convergent strategies to cope with media globalization, at "Coexistence & Prosperity in the Era of Global Media International Conference, held by Korean Association for Broadcasting & Telecommunications Studies, Seoul, Korea (24 October 2014).
- Invited speaker, on “Multidimensional understanding location-based advertising,” at Graduate Institute of Information Management, National Taipei University, Taiwan (1 October 2013).
- Invited speaker, on “Investigating emerging mobile television industry in China,” at East Asian Institute, National University of Singapore (6 May 2013).
- Invited speaker, on “Youth & new media in 2011 Singapore General Election,” at Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan (19 December, 2012).
- Invited speaker, on “Mobile media study,” at Shih Hsin University, Taiwan (3 October, 2012).
- Invited speaker: “Implementation of integrated newsroom: an intraorganizational model,” at Communications & New Media, National University of Singapore (October, 2007).
- Lin, T.C. (May, 2007). TV News Digitalization in Taiwan: An Intraorganizational Model of IT Adoption and Implementation, PhD Dissertation. University of Hawai’i at Manoa, USA. ProQuest: Dissertations & Theses.
- Lin, T. C. (May, 1997). Beyond the Ritual: Taiwanese Religious Art, MA thesis with a 30-min documentary. Michigan State University, USA. (Finalist, 2000 Taiwan International Documentary Festival. 台灣紀錄片雙年展入圍)